Cisco 2912mf xl Datenbogen
Copyright © 2001 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Page 3 of 6
• 24 10Base-T/100Base-TX autosensing ports deliver Fast
Ethernet performance where it is needed most—to
individual users, servers, and demanding workgroups—
while preserving legacy 10Base-T connectivity.
• Full-duplex operation on switched 100Base-T ports
delivers up to 200 Mbps of bandwidth to end stations
servers and between switches.
• A 3.2 Gbps switching fabric and 3.0 million-pps
forwarding rate ensure wire-speed operation on all
• A 4-MB shared-memory architecture ensures the highest
possible throughput by eliminating head-of-line
blocking, minimizing packet loss, and reducing
congestion from multicast and broadcast traffic.
• Two high-speed expansion slots provide 1.6 Gbps of
total available bandwidth for additional 10Base-T/
100Base-TX or 100Base-FX ports, as well as
Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) and Gigabit
• Bandwidth aggregation through Fast EtherChannel
and Gigabit EtherChannel technology enhances fault
tolerance and offers up to 800 Mbps of bandwidth
among switches, routers, and individual servers.
• 12 EtherChannel bandwidth aggregation groups per
switch allow for a high-performance EtherChannel
group for every two ports on a 24-port Catalyst
2900 XL switch.
• CGMP enables a switch to selectively and dynamically
forward routed IP multicast traffic to targeted multimedia
end stations, reducing overall network traffic.
• A configurable network port supports unlimited
Media-Access-Control (MAC) addresses for backbone
• Dual-priority forwarding queues on each 10/100
and Gigabit Ethernet port, enabling network traffic
prioritization and seamless data, voice, and video
integration through IEEE 802.1p protocol.
• Trusted extension settings allow the switch to ensure
that voice traffic from an IP phone gets high-priority
treatment by controlling how traffic from a
daisy-chained device is classified.
Flexible and Scalable Switch Clustering
• Cisco Switch Clustering technology allows a user to
manage up to sixteen interconnected Catalyst 3500 XL,
2900 XL, and 1900 switches through a single IP
address, regardless of location.
• Cluster management is ensured in the rare event of
command switch failure via a failover scheme that
Modular, High-Speed Slots
• Two versatile high-speed slots support a range of
expansion modules with different media configurations
and port densities, allowing users the flexibility to
upgrade their networks and preserve their initial
investment. All ports support the Cisco ISL and
standards-based 802.1Q VLAN trunking protocols.
• Four-port 10Base-T/100Base-TX, two-port 100Base-FX,
and four-port 100Base-FX modules for the Catalyst
2924M XL switch allow customers to easily increase port
density, provide fiber connectivity over extended
distances, and deliver higher-speed uplinks through Fast
EtherChannel bandwidth aggregation.
• A GBIC-based Gigabit Ethernet module for the Catalyst
2924M XL switch allows customers to use a range
of media tranceivers that include multiple stacking
options, short- and long-haul fiber, and copper
connectivity (including SX, LX/LH, ZX, TX, and
Cisco GigaStack converters).
• For Gigabit Ethernet connectivity at an affordable price,
the Cisco 1000Base-T module delivers gigabit over
copper uplinks for the wiring closet.
• ATM OC-3 modules support connectivity to
Ease of Use and Ease of Deployment
• The cluster software upgrade feature allows the
network manager to quickly and easily upgrade the
system software on a group of Catalyst 2900 XL, 3500
XL, and 1900 switches.
• CMS software, a Web-based interface, provides
network and stack views of a group of Catalyst 2900
XL switches from any node on the Internet with a