- ePHOTO 1280
- User Manual
AGFA ePHOTO 1280 User Manual
Summary of Contents of user manual for AGFA ePHOTO 1280
- Page 1 TM
- Page 2 FCC INFORMATION
FCC WARNING: This equipment meets the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15...
- Page 3 1-YEAR LIMITED HARDWARE WARRANTY
Agfa warrants this product to be free from defects of material and workmanship for one...
- Page 4 Agfa ePhoto Digital Camera
Register your product right away to take advantage of on-line product infor-
- Page 5 Contents of This Guide
1-Year Limited Warranty
Using This Document 8
Other Documents 8
- Page 6 Contents of This Guide (cont.)
APERTURE VALUE 30
TIME VALUE 31
- Page 7 Contents of This Guide (cont.)
The camera has no power. 51
The shutter button doesn’t work. 52...
- Page 8 Welcome!
Now that you have set up your new Agfa ePhoto™ 1280 digital camera and software, we are
- Page 9 Parts of Your Camera
zoom lens Built-in flash Shutter button
- Page 10 Safety Information
WARNING! To avoid the risk of electric shock, do not disassemble the camera. Refer all ser-
- Page 11 Safety Information (cont.)
◗ Place only rechargeable NiMH batteries in the battery charger.
◗ Never charge different...
- Page 12 Safety Information (cont.)
◗ Avoid leaving the camera in the sun or in a very warm location (on the...
- Page 13 Turning the Camera On and Off (cont.)
Automatic Power Down Feature
Whenever the ePhoto 1280 is not connected to...
- Page 14 Taking Pictures (cont.)
Note: To take pictures with the ePhoto 1280 you must have batteries installed and a remov-...
- Page 15 Memory Cards
The ePhoto 1280 has no internal memory. All images are stored on removable memory
cards. These cards...
- Page 16 Memory Cards (cont.)
Inserting Memory Cards
To insert a memory card:
◗ Swivel the lens up to expose the...
- Page 17 Memory Cards (cont.)
This icon flashes to indicate that an installed memory card is the wrong type or is...
- Page 18 Status Information
The ePhoto 1280 keeps track of certain information automatically. This information can be
displayed on the LCD...
- Page 19 Status Information (cont.)
REC mode — The image counters (bottom of the screen) indicate the following:
- Page 20 Status Information (cont.)
Date and Time
When you press the Info button twice, the date and time are displayed...
- Page 21 Status Information (cont.)
The ePhoto 1280 comes with the following settings as defaults:
◗ Resolution: 780 HI (1024 x...
- Page 22 Changing Basic Settings (cont.)
Changing the Resolution
The ePhoto 1280 provides the following resolution settings:
◗ — 1024 x...
- Page 23 Changing Basic Settings (cont.)
◗ Press in the EasyPilot button again. A column of settings appears below the Resolution...
- Page 24 Changing Basic Settings (cont.)
To change the flash setting for the camera:
◗ With the camera in REC mode,...
- Page 25 Changing Basic Settings (cont.)
To select the preview setting:
◗ With the camera in REC mode, press in the...
- Page 26 Changing Advanced Settings (cont.)
To access the advanced settings:
◗ Make sure the Mode switch is set to REC....
- Page 27 Changing Advanced Settings (cont.)
Note: You can leave the menu system at any time without selecting anything by simply...
- Page 28 Changing Advanced Settings (cont.)
The self timer delays the shutter briefly after you press the shutter button...
- Page 29 Changing Advanced Settings (cont.)
— for subjects less than 3 ft (1 m) away (MACRO)
— for subjects about...
- Page 30 Changing Advanced Settings (cont.)
For manual exposure settings, select MANUAL. The following screen appears:
To select a manual...
- Page 31 Changing Advanced Settings (cont.)
Select your desired aperture. The camera automatically selects the proper exposure time for
- Page 32 Changing Advanced Settings (cont.)
To set the white point manually:
◗ Select SET WHITE BAL. A message appears prompting...
- Page 33 Changing Advanced Settings (cont.)
Depending on your external flash configuration and aperture requirements, select from the
- Page 34 Changing Advanced Settings (cont.)
◗ Adjust the energy of the external flash power supply while taking pictures to find...
- Page 35 Changing Advanced Settings (cont.)
The first value to be changed (underlined) is the month.
◗ Scroll the EasyPilot button...
- Page 36 Viewing Images in Your Camera (cont.)
Viewing Single Images
By default in PLAY mode, the ePhoto 1280 LCD screen...
- Page 37 Viewing Images in Your Camera (cont.)
◗ Turn the EasyPilot until the Multiple Images icon ( ) is highlighted....
- Page 38 Viewing Camera Images on a TV (cont.)
◗ On your TV, select an external device as the input source....
- Page 39 Deleting Images in Memory (cont.)
◗ With the Delete icon ( ) highlighted, press in the EasyPilot button. The...
- Page 40 Deleting Images in Memory (cont.)
Locking and Unlocking Images
The ePhoto 1280 allows you to lock images to prevent...
- Page 41 Deleting Images in Memory (cont.)
◗ Select YES to lock the displayed image. The Lock icon appears in the...
- Page 42 Downloading Images into Your Computer
The Agfa PhotoWise software included with your ePhoto 1280 is used to download the...
- Page 43 Downloading Images (cont.)
◗ Click on the Get Camera Images icon ( ) to download all the images. (To...
- Page 44 Downloading Images (cont.)
Downloading Images with a 1280 Resolution
Photos taken using the highest resolution setting (1280) available with...
- Page 45 Downloading Images (cont.)
◗ To select JPEG artifact removal and achieve best-quality images (longer download time),
select “Run JPEG...
- Page 46 Using PhotoWise (cont.)
◗ To copy an image from one album to another, click on the image and drag...
- Page 47 Using PhotoWise (cont.)
QuickLink is a convenient way to access your images and use them in any OLE-compliant...
- Page 48 Using PhotoWise (cont.)
To set one of these QuickLink startup options:
◗ Windows — Click on the QuickLink icon...
- Page 49 Using PhotoWise (cont.)
To edit an image after it has been placed in an application:
◗ Double-click on the...
- Page 50 Using PhotoWise (cont.)
◗ Place the PhotoWise CD in the CD-ROM drive of your computer.
◗ Double-click on...
- Page 51 Recharging the Batteries (cont.)
◗ Place the batteries in the charger following the orientation indicated in the charging
- Page 52 Troubleshooting (cont.)
◗ If the camera is connected to a computer (LED next to lens is blinking), it only...
- Page 53 Troubleshooting (cont.)
The LCD screen doesn’t light up.
◗ The camera may be connected to a computer. Disconnect the...
- Page 54 Troubleshooting (cont.)
The built-in flash doesn’t work.
◗ The flash may be turned off. Check the flash setting.
- Page 55 Troubleshooting (cont.)
◗ You may have selected an incorrect advanced setting. If one of the following symbols
- Page 56 Troubleshooting (cont.)
Part of the recorded image is missing.
◗ The lens may have been partially covered (e.g., by...
- Page 57 Troubleshooting (cont.)
◗ (Macintosh users) You may have one of the following problems:
– AppleTalk may be active. Turn...
- Page 58 Camera Care and Maintenance (cont.)
◗ To clean the camera lens or LCD screen, blow away any surface dust...
- Page 59 System Requirements (cont.)
◗ System 7.0 or higher
◗ 68040 processor (PowerPC™ recommended)
◗ 16 MB RAM
- Page 60 Camera Specifications
Dimensions 2" H x 6 1/8" W x 3 3/4" D (51 x 156 x 92...
- Page 61 Specifications (cont.)
Compression JPEG (internal)
Resolution 1280 — 1024 x 960 pixels, very low compression
780 HI —...
- Page 62 Specifications (cont.)
Image Processing Time 1280 mode: approx. 15 seconds
(REC) 780 mode: approx. 14 seconds
307 mode: approx....
- Page 63 Canada
Local Agfa Dealers
Bayer Inc. - Agfa Division
77 Belfield Road
Argentina Etibicoke, Ontario M9W 1G6
- Page 64Danmark France
Agfa-Gevaert A/S Agfa-Gevaert S.A.
Faverland 4 DK-2600 BP 72, 13 Boulevard Henri Sellier,
Glostrup 92150 Suresnes Cedex
- Page 65Korea Norge
Agfa Korea Ltd Agfa-Gevaert A/S
Keuk-Dong Bldg #2101, 60-1, 3-KA,Chungmu-Ro, Chung-Ku, Seoul Brennaveien 18, P.O. Box 94
- Page 66South Africa United Kingdom
Bayer (Pty.) Ltd. - Agfa Division Agfa-Gevaert Ltd.
27 Wrench Road, P.O. Box 143, Isando 1600...