Sony ILCE-7RM2 Specification Guide
Full-frame back-illuminated Exmor R
CMOS sensor with 42.4 megapixels
The newly developed 35mm Exmor R
CMOS sensor is the world’s first full-frame sensor with back-
illuminated structure. The structure combines gapless on-chip lens design and AR (anti-reflective)
coating on the surface of the sensor’s glass seal - with no low-pass filter - to dramatically improve
light collection efficiency, even though the pixels are smaller than the ones in the
the wiring layer now uses copper (instead of aluminum) wiring for faster transmission speed
results are truly remarkable – with incredibly detailed 42.4 megapixel stills and 4k video with high
sensitivity - up to ISO 102,400
, low-noise performance and wide dynamic range that are superior
to previous models.
5-axis in-body image stabilization optimized for 42.4MP full-frame
The 5-axis SteadyShot™ INSIDE image stabilization system is fine-tuned for high-resolution
image sensors. It accurately compensates for blur caused by camera shake from five different
directions—vertical, horizontal, pitch, yaw and roll—as opposed to only two in previous systems.
The 5-axis image stabilizing system excels during video recording and even compensates for blur
caused by the photographer walking or running. It’s a true marvel of engineering. You can even
monitor the stabilizing effects of camera shake compensation in the viewfinder or LCD screen
while shooting still images by pressing the shutter button halfway or magnifying the image, and
while shooting movies by entering movie mode.
4K movie recording
with full pixel readout and no pixel binning
α7R II is the world’s first
camera to offer 4K movie recording
to internal media in the full-
frame format. It also provides you the option of shooting 4k in the super 35mm format. Enjoy the
expansive power that the full-frame image sensor can express in 4k with direct pixel readout and
no line skipping. In super-35 format, the
α7R II employs oversampling with full pixel readout and
no line skipping or pixel binning - resulting in images that exhibit higher resolution and less moiré
and jaggies than typical 4K movies. Fast hybrid AF with 399 phase detection AF points and 5-axis
image stabilization take movie making to a new level.
Fast Hybrid AF with 399 focal plane phase-detection AF points
Your shots of action can look clearer than ever, thanks to a new full-frame image sensor that
assures the world’s highest number of focal plane phase-detection AF points, at 399, and the
widest coverage, of 45% of the image area
. With its accelerated readout and an advanced
algorithm to anticipate subject movement, the sensor also makes it possible for the Fast Hybrid
AF system with additional 25-point contrast-detection AF points to raise speed, accuracy, and
tracking performance to incredible heights, even when shooting at up to 5fps at 42.4MP. Faster
readout thanks to the back-illuminated structure of the image sensor improved AF response so
dramatically that the AF system of the
α7R II instantly captures even fast-moving subjects with
2.4-million dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder™ w/ ZEISS T* coating
See every detail in every scene with the XGA OLED Tru-Finder™ electronic viewfinder. The new
four-lens optical system with double-sided aspherical elements provides views of cutting-edge
clarity and contrast throughout the entire width and length of the display. Better yet, ZEISS T*
coating ensures absolutely minimal surface reflection. You’ll enjoy rich tonal gradations and high-
end features like 100% frame coverage, and the world’s highest
magnification in a full-frame
camera with EVF at 0.78x
. View every scene in rich detail as the viewfinder faithfully displays
what will appear in your recording, including the effects of your camera settings, so you can
accurately monitor the results.
α7R II Full-frame Mirrorless Interchangeable-Lens
Realism meets resolution and sensitivity - with the world’s
back-illuminated 35 mm full-frame CMOS image
α7R II increases image quality with 42.4MP
resolution, up to ISO 102,400 sensitivity and speedy
response with 5fps and a Fast Hybrid AF system (399 AF
Summary of Contents of specification guide for Sony ILCE-7RM2
- Page 1ILCE-7RM2/B α7R II Full-frame Mirrorless Interchangeable-Lens Camera Realism meets resolution and sensitivity - with the world’s first1 back-illuminated 35 mm...
- Page 2Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi®/NFC. Thanks to built-in Wi-Fi®, you can easily connect to a compatible iOS or Android™...
- Page 3Fast Hybrid AF for movies Simultaneous readout of live-view image and phase-detection AF information from the image sensor makes the...
- Page 4Anti-dust system and coating To keep your photos blemish-free, a special anti-static coating on the surface of the optical filter...
- Page 5Clear Image Zoom Whether shooting still images or movies, this feature digitally zooms the center of your image up to...
- Page 6 Horizontal Wide: 12416 x 1856 (23M) Horizontal Std: 8192 x 1856 (15M) Panorama Still Image Size Vertical Wide: 5536...
- Page 7 Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway. Available with AE lock button. Auto Exposure Lock (On/Off/Auto) Color Temperature G7...
- Page 8 Weight(Approx) (Main unit only) Approx. 1 lb 4.5 oz (approx. 582 g) Power Number of Still Images Approx. 290...