Sony DSR-PD175P User Manual
Class Leading Standard Definition Handheld
The DSR-PD175P is simply the best standard defini-
tion handheld camcorder ever produced by Sony. It
uses the same chassis as the state-of-the-art HVR-
Z5E HDV Camcorder introduced in 2008 with many of
the same advanced features, including the all-new
high performance Sony G-Lens which combines a
ClearVid array and advanced Exmor image-processing
technology for class leading picture quality and low
The weight distribution and control layout of this
chassis has set new ergonomic standards for hand-
held operation, while operational flexibility is further
enhanced by support for the HVR-MRC1K Compact
Flash Solid State recorder. In every respect, the DSR-
PD175P is a natural successor to the legendary DSR-
PD170P Camcorder for customers who need the
highest performance and latest technology but don’t
currently have a requirement for High Definition.
DVCAM is the global standard for professional Stand-
ard Definition acquisition introduced by Sony as a
higher performance, more reliable version of con-
sumer DV while retaining full compatibility. Its ad-
vantages are further extended by a comprehensive
product range, including Master Series VTRs tailored
to broadcast requirements. Typical DVCAM applica-
tions range from wedding videography to corporate
video and broadcast television. It is the ultimate ubi-
quitous digital broadcast and professional tape
All Sony Professional DVCAM Camcorders come with 2
years PrimeSupport at no extra cost. This means
unique extra services - such an operational phone call
support, ’anywhere collection’ and 7-day repair - for
twice as long. If your equipment is mission critical, re-
gister with PrimeSupport to receive the support you
*PrimeSupport is included with all DVCAM camcorders
purchased in the EU, Norway and Switzerland.
This product comes with the full PrimeSupport pack-
age. That’s fast, hassle-free repairs, a helpline offer-
ing expert technical advice, and a free loan unit while
yours is repaired. Plus the peace of mind that Sony is
looking after your equipment – and your business.
Sony’s Exclusive High-performance G Lens
Discover the exceptional optical performance of
Sony’s G Lens. This sophisticated lens incorporates
Sony’s unique optical technology and unparalleled
quality control. Moreover, it’s been optimised to per-
fectly complement the camcorder’s advanced image
sensor and image-processing technology, thus ex-
panding your shooting possibilities.
Express yourself more fully with the utmost precision
of Sony’s G Lens.
Major ’G’ Lens Features on the DSR-PD175P
• The camcorder’s 29.5mm wide-angle, 20x optical
zoom ’G’ Lens offers a field of view that’s ideal for
many shooting situations, ranging from broad
landscape shots to close-up shots where it is diffi-
cult to obtain sufficient distance from the subject.
• Two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements re-
duce the chromatic aberrations caused by differ-
ences in light refraction to minimise colour
fringing. The advanced 10-group, 15-element lens
structure also includes three compound aspheric
lenses for images that are crisp and clear, even
when shooting at a high zooming ratio.
• Advanced optical lens technology enables Sony’s
Exmor Sensor system realise sharper images with
higher resolution and less noise, even when
shooting in very low light.
• The six-blade iris diaphragm is almost circular,
which allows operators to incorporate creative
background blur into their shots for beautiful visu-
Natural-touch Lens Operation
The ergonomic layout of the zoom, focus and iris con-
trol rings makes operation of these three functions
possible with just one hand.
The zoom function can be controlled by any of the
1/3-inch 3 Exmor CMOS Professional DVCAM
Summary of Contents of user manual for Sony DSR-PD175P
- Page 1 DSR-PD175P 1/3-inch 3 Exmor CMOS Professional DVCAM Camcorder Class Leading Standard Definition Handheld yours is repaired. Plus the peace of...
- Page 2 DSR-PD175P • The lens barrel ring Picture Profile • The lever at the lens grip Up to six different...
- Page 3 DSR-PD175P XtraFine LCD Panel mode, zoom speed can be adjusted manually using The DSR-PD175P is equipped with a 3.2-inch-type...
- Page 4 DSR-PD175P creative features including a 25p Progressive Scan ergonomically designed body-weight balance and a mode, Smooth Slow Recording and...
- Page 5 DSR-PD175P i.LINK IEEE1394, 4-pin (x 1), DV Supplied Accessories stream input/output, S400 Headphone output Stereo mini jack (ø3.5 mm)...
- Page 6 DSR-PD175P Remote Controls R M - 1000B P RM- 1 BP Remote Commander LANC Remote Commander Viewfinders SH -...