Samsung ME18H704SFG/AA Owner's Manual

Page of 56
English - 4
his appliance must be grounded. In the event of an 
electrical short circuit, grounding reduces the risk of 
electric shock by providing an escape wire for the 
electrical current. This appliance is equipped with a cord 
that includes a grounding wire and a grounding plug. 
The plug must be plugged into an outlet that is properly 
installed and grounded.
Improper use of the grounding plug can result in a risk of 
electric shock. 
•  Plug into a grounded 3 prong outlet. Do not remove 
the third (grounding) prong. Do not use an adaptor or 
otherwise defeat the grounding plug.
•  Consult a qualified electrician or service person if you 
do not understand the grounding instructions or if you 
are not sure if the appliance is properly grounded.
•  We do not recommend using an extension cord with 
this appliance. If the power-supply cord is too short, 
have a qualified electrician or serviceman install an 
outlet near the appliance. However, if it is necessary 
to use an extension cord, read and follow the “Use of 
Extension Cords” section below.
Use of Extension Cords
A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce the risk 
of your becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer 
cord. Longer cord sets or extension cords are available 
and you can use them if you exercise care. If you use a 
long cord or extension cord:
1.  The marked electrical rating of the cord set or 
extension cord should be at least as great as the 
electrical rating of the appliance.
2.  The extension cord must be a grounding-type 3-wire 
cord and it must be plugged into a 3-slot outlet.
3.  The longer cord should be arranged so that it will not 
drape over the counter top or tabletop where it can 
be pulled on by children or tripped over accidentally. 
If you use an extension cord, the interior light may 
flicker and the speed of the blower may vary when the 
microwave oven is on. Cooking times may be longer 
This appliance must be installed by a qualified 
technician or service company.
•  Failing to have a qualified technician install 
the oven may result in electric shock, fire, an 
explosion, problems with the product, or injury.
Unpack the oven, remove all packaging material and 
examine the oven for any damage such as dents 
on the interior or exterior of the oven, broken door 
latches, cracks in the door, or a door that is not lined 
up correctly. If there is any damage, do not operate 
the oven and notify your dealer immediately.
Make sure to install your oven in a location with 
adequate space.
Remove all foreign substances such as dust or water 
from the power plug terminals and contact points 
using a dry cloth on a regular basis.
•  Unplug the power plug and clean it with a dry 
•  Failing to do so may result in electric shock or fire.
Plug the power cord into a properly grounded 
3 pronged outlet. Your oven should be the only 
appliance connected to this circuit.
•  Sharing a wall socket with other appliances, using 
a power strip, or extending the power cord may 
result in electric shock or fire.
•  Do not use an electric transformer. It may result in 
electric shock or fire.
•  Ensure that the voltage, frequency and current 
provided match the product’s specifications. 
Failing to do so may result in electric shock or fire.
Keep all packaging materials out of the reach of 
children. Children may use them for play.
This appliance must be properly grounded. Read 
and follow the specific “Grounding instructions” 
found in the beginning of this Section. Do not ground 
the appliance to a gas pipe, plastic water pipe, or 
telephone line.
•  This may result in electric shock, fire, an 
explosion, or problems with the product
•  Never plug the power cord into a socket that is 
not grounded correctly and make sure that it is in 
accordance with local and national codes.
Do not cut or remove the third (ground) prong from 
the power cord under any circumstances.
Connect the oven to a 20A circuit. If you connect the 
oven to a 15A circuit, make sure that circuit breaker 
is operable.
Do not install this appliance in a humid, oily, or dusty 
location, or in a location exposed to direct sunlight or 
water (rain drops).
•  This may result in electric shock or fire.
Plug the power plug into the wall socket firmly. Do 
not use a damaged power plug, damaged power 
cord, or loose wall socket.
•  This may result in electric shock or fire.
Do not mount over a sink.
Do not pull or excessively bend the power cord.
Do not twist or tie the power cord. 
Do not hook the power cord over a metal object, 
place a heavy object on the power cord, insert the 
power cord between objects, or push the power 
cord into the space behind the appliance.
•  This may result in electric shock or fire.
Do not pull the power cord when you unplug the 
•  Unplug the oven by pulling the plug only.
•  Failing to do so may result in electric shock or fire.
ME18H704SF_AA_AC_EN.indd   4
2014-02-24   �� 3:58:45
Report Bug